Scotch Hall Shopping Centre is based in Drogheda, Co. Louth and is the premier shopping destination in the North East. Their line up of 50 shops includes a mix of local Irish retailers as well as the best-known brands from the high street. The shopping centre is managed and operated by Lambert Smith Hampton.
CCTV and Intruder Alarms:
- The shopping centre had an old and legacy Honeywell CCTV matrix with an array legacy DVRs. The video was displayed on control room spot monitors controlled by RS485 PTZ joystick controllers;
- The cabling throughout the centre was mainly analogue cabling with challenging distances and quality of the cable. There are 170 analogue cameras throughout the shopping centre and car parks;
- There are an adjacent Hotel, residential apartments and external car parks it was important to integrate and take a feed from these standalone CCTV systems, intruder alarms and intercoms into the main shopping centre control room to ensure the security and safety of all visitors and staff;
- The system needed to be replaced with a solution that could grow with the shopping centre and have a migration path from the old CCTV technology to new High Definition Megapixel CCTV technology;
- The shopping centre had multiple standalone intruder alarms and fire alarms not integrate.
The Solution installed:
SenSys Technology de-commisioned the legacy analogue CCTV matrix’s, DVR recorders and control room at Scotch Hall.
We upgraded cabling throughout the shopping centre and created an IP Network for new and future IP CCTV cameras, IP Intruder Alarms and Access control doors. The Video Management and Control Room Software installed was Avigilon Control Centre Enterprise (ACC6). While utilising the majority of the existing analogue cameras in phase 1 using Avigilon video encoders (converts legacy analogue CCTV cameras to work on a new IP Platform). We also installed Qty 12no, 1080P Full HD Axis PTZ cameras. This provides security and management crystal clear video footage for effective monitoring while increases security and health and safety for all staff and shoppers!
The control room has been upgraded with high definition 55″ flat screen monitors and can be controlled and operated by 2 CCTV operators simultaneously. The Avigilon Control Centre video management software allows for the integration of the Siemens Vanderbilt intruder alarm notifications and future further integrations with licence plate recognition (LPR) and footfall counting systems.
The intruder alarm panels have been upgraded with the latest Vanderbilt intruder alarm panels which allow remote security management and real-time alerts while allowing remote and instant access from SenSys Engineers on call 24/7.
Added benefits – Power Savings with ECO-Friendly low voltage PTZ cameras:
While the main reason for changing old PTZ cameras for the new Axis High Definition cameras is to increase the image quality 10 fold, the new PTZ cameras are low voltage, therefore saving 2940.60 per camera over 5 years multiplied by 12 cameras is equal to €35,287.20 in power savings over 5 years.
Why SenSys Technology for Shopping Centre Security Systems?
- Real and Genuine 24/7/365 support by SenSys Technology Technicians.
- In-house IT and Network, CCNA technicians.
- Reputable, Qualified and trained engineers and technicians
- 11 service vans nationwide
- Real-time network, hardware and software health network monitoring, if there is a problem with your systems our helpdesk is notified instantly, so we can pro-actively respond.
- We want to offer our customers an instant response, excellent service every day of the year.
- Advanced asset tracking and reporting
- PSA certified
Have you heard about Avigilon Appearance Search yet?
Avigilon Appearance Search, Avigilon’s newest and most advanced video analytics technology, is a sophisticated deep learning artificial intelligence (AI) search engine that sorts through hours of footage with ease, allowing users to quickly locate a specific person of interest across all cameras on an entire site. It can save time and effort during critical investigations as it intelligently analyzes video data helping to track a person’s route and identify previous and last-known locations.
Historically, video surveillance searches were done on a single camera, based on time, motion and activity,”. “But with Avigilon Appearance Search technology, users can now easily search for all instances of a specific person across all their cameras distributed throughout a site, with the click of a button. This is designed to make searching for a person as easy as searching the internet.
Avigilon Appearance Search technology is integrated with ACC 6.0 Enterprise edition software, Avigilon cameras with self-learning video analytics and select Network Video Recorders.
With Avigilon Appearance Search technology users can answer the critical “where” and “what” of video searches quickly and decisively,” said Dr. Mahesh Saptharishi, Avigilon’s Chief Technology Officer. “This is an exciting milestone in the development of Avigilon’s comprehensive AI and deep learning video analytics platform, as we continue to provide customers with full solutions for a broad range of video surveillance applications.
For more information: SPEAK with Avigilon experts now: Freephone: 1800 815 683